Sunday 11 October 2009

Papertake a sketch and scrappy frogs use a tree

For scrappy frogs challenge you just needed to use a tree,along with anything else you wanted. I found this stamp in my box when I was having a sort through to remind me what stamps I haven't used for a while and decided that I would use this as my focal point on a card. It reminded me so much of how the trees look in winter, that I took a look at some photos my hubby had taken with 'our' new camera last christmas day, I think I've probably only taken 1/2 a dozen shots with it as my hubby is quite protective of our camera, boys and their toys. Well anyway we had had a slight covering of snow and heavy frosts and the trees around where he took pictures were all sparkly despite being bare of leaves and so inspiration was born. Hope you like the card, I seem to be doing a few black and white christmas cards unusually for me but still I think they work.
Papertake weekly challenge had a sketch and I am trying to expand my layouts by using different sketches  and be a bit more adventurous as I tend to use very simple layouts so this card is my take on their challenge sketch too.

2 comments:

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

great project Julye! You are the winner, so please email me your address mindyrapp at sbcglobal.net

Lelia Pierce said...

This tree is absolutely beautiful! Wonderful job! Thanks for playing at Scrappy Frogs!