Tuesday 2 February 2010

Sophisticat DT call

Over at Sophisticat they are looking for some more DT members to join their jolly happy bunch. Mandy ( A sprinkling of glitter) recently joined them and they have decided the more the merrier so are looking to add  to their numbers.
 The term is for 13 weeks so if you want to have a chance of joining their team pop over to Lisa's blog here and check out the deets, as I wouldn't want to tell you wrong and scuppa your chances.

You have to as I understand it submit a stamped image completed card topper in either pink,blue and cream, or pink, green and cream. You can add bling, glitter ,flourishes etc but you can't combine with a challenge. Then you put it on a post and link it back to the DT call. How easy is that? So easy I no doubt will get something wrong as per....

Well I had a real bad time trying to decide which stamp to use, let alone which colour scheme, so I thought make one in each colour scheme and let the girls at sophisticatz have a choice.

My first, I used a Sequitere stamp I think thats the name , I got it in a set from the stamp man all art deco 1920's stuff and I adore this stamp. I tried really hard to keep to the colour scheme but my creams took liberties with the hair colour , but I suppose yellow is an extension of cream. I will list the colours of the promarkers I used below. I used pearl plum embossing powder on the corner swirl thingies and cream roses which I got from JTF a couple of years ago and never used, aren't I naughty. I put aceteate over the image which I laid over the image I mounted on more cream card ( which to my dismay did allow the promarkers to bleed a little), just gives a little dimension. I added sakura clear glaze over her eyes, lips and pearls. All ready to pop on a card.

The promarkers I used :-
pale green
soft green
pale pink
cerise
buttermilk
tulip yellow
ivory
blush

My 2nd choice I used the other colour scheme, pink, blue and cream. This one I used my new Edwin stamp and thought it would be different to use pinks to colour a boys image. This one I mounted and layered simply just using an x-cut corner punch on the blue card and round corner punch on the cream crds. The ballon I coloured with sakura glaze as I love the glossy finish just like a real balloon the rest I used promarkers , again I'll list them and just highlighted his eyes ,buttons and shoe rubbers with clear glaze again.  Hope you like them and I quite enjoyed the challenge. I must admit its something I do, make toppers as they are always handy for a quick card and I often think it's the nicest bit of making a card. Thanks for a fab challenge and good luck in finding your new DT members.

The promarkers I used :-
ivory
blush
buttercup
tulip yellow
denim blue
blender
duck egg blue
dusky rose
antique pink
powder blue
arctic blue

I used the blender to take some colour off his turn-ups as if they are the inside of jeans I hope it worked. 

4 comments:

Ali Dantre said...

Oh Julye, im blown away at your commited entry wow!
Your projects are super stunning. Love them. Thank you for your interest sweetness.
Please can you tel me if Andrew recieved his card hunny?
I will get around to writing him soon.
Luv n hugs
Lisa.xx

Mrs Bs Blog said...

These are both lovely creations, but I think my fav has to be the lady. Hugs Val xxx

Pretty-In-Ink said...

They are both fab! The first is so pretty and romantic and the second is just adorable!

Mina said...

two fabulous cards and great colours to use for them...thanks for entering my blog candy and good luck with it
Mina xxx