Sunday 19 September 2010

A first play with my sweet candy win

I was so lucky a couple of weeks ago to win the new mangas from sugar nellie's a recipe for all seasons blog hop,have to say that sugar nellie stamps have to be my favs followed by lili of the valley and magnolias and high hopes. i am so looking forward to the sassy collection if the teasers are anything to go by they will be absolutely fab, I have some birthday money to spend from august and I keep hanging on. I had planned on getting these cute manga christmas stamps but then saw sneaks of the new ones so waited and was lucky enough to get the mangas in candy form, fate really was smiling on me.

Well my card I used the sitting elf and of course the sugar bowl sketch, had to check I could combine challenges and silly me if its not in the rules off course you can so there will be some other challenges my wee elf will be popping in too ,providing I've not missed the deadlines of course.

I decided to use my fav colour other than white which is turquoise (promarkers) and was amazed how when I teamed it with red it actually made it look more green well I suppose turquoise is a mix of blue and green. I embossed the sentiment a couple of times and just added dots of red and blue as if a little pixie or elf dust was floating around. The papers were from my scraps stash and to finish some tiny snowflake buttons.


I will be entering the following challenges:-
The sugar bowl-sketch layout
sketchy colours-turquoise and red
The playdate cafe-colour challenge
Sew many challenges-embossing
saturday challenge-anything goes

11 comments:

~Jeri~ said...

Great card and congrats on your win during the blog hop!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!

Zue said...

A very colourful Christmas card!

Sue xx

melsanford said...

Beautiful card. Congrats on your win - can't wait to see what you make with the others! Love 'n' hugs, mel xx

Sarah Anderson said...

Congratulations on your win, and thanks for entering your sweet Christmas elf into this week's Play Date Cafe challenge :)

Suzanne C said...

Very fun! Very cute elf! Great take on the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC.

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute holiday card, fun design. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card, I love the bright colours
Thanks for joining our special launch challenge at SCSC, and good luck with the draw
x
Vicky

kim.mom said...

What a fun card!!! TFS with us at SMC!

Andrea Ewen said...

Sweet card! Love that adorable elf and how wonderfully colored! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I wish I was clever like you--thinking about Christmas with these cards! It didn't even think of that:) Cute image--great card! So glad you joined in the fun this week:) THANKS for playing along with us at the PDCC:}

Lilian said...

Very vibrant coloring and super cute image! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!