Sunday 12 September 2010

Goth chick for a worthy cause

Just trying to sneak in a quick post of my super quick card this morning before our lunch quests arrive. My card is to help out fellow blogger who volunteered to make some cards to help a friend raise money for ovarian cancer awareness appeal, but things snowballed somewhat and now she needs a little help, find out more here. In return she is offering some fab blog candy as way of an incentive, not that we kind and caring bunch need an incentive but sweet stuff is always nice when its free isn't it, and even better when you know it's all in aid of a good cause .Please pop over and offer Sue your support.

My card includes the all important colour of teal and even better when I found a couple of challenges to enter too.

For my card I used the manga goth girl image from sugar nellie, and stamped her in versamark and embossed with black sparkle powder as I did with the lace stamp from the stampman. I colored the goth girl in a mix of promarkers and sakura pens and added teal dye ink over the lace and rubbed off the excess so it still sparkles. Unfortunately the sparkle doesn't show well in the sunshine no matter what angle I take it on but it is sublte but it does glint honest. I mounted my girl on some brown wrapping paper nearest thing I have to kraft improvisation and all that and then added to a plain white glossy card. I decided to add a peel off happy birthday and thought it went with the funky design by adding it at right angles, hope Sue likes it and it can help raise her some money for a good cause.

The challenges I hope to enter deadlines permitting are:-

There she goes- black, teal and kraft
Sue's ovarian cancer challenge- use teal
Magical monday-lace (Does my manga girl count as she is from a make believe place manga land)
Creative inspirations-lace and sparkle
Friday sketches-layout that I've rotated and jiggled a little hope you don't mind.

6 comments:

melsanford said...

Fab card! Love that image :-) Love 'n' hugs, mel xx

Spyder said...

definitely a cute image, love the colour too!

NGCARDS said...

Lovely card hun! Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Julye -you might want to visit my blog today... not just for the bog hop but for another announcement lol
Lisa ;)
ps love your teal card The image is fab!

Stampin'Piper said...

Great card! I love the colours, looks cool :)

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers and Creative Inspirations!

Hugs Tanja

Mona Evy said...

Beautiful cards you have made. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Wednesdays Challenge!