Friday 19 November 2010

All sparkly and bright...

... not that the photos show it that well which makes me quite dissappointed especially as I enhanced the lighting on photoshop too.

I won this christmas tree stamp last year in a candy and as it was close to christmas never got around to using it so I decided to rectify that. In my mind I had just how it would look and it's not far off all spakly and glittery, told you they were rubbish photos. I thought as there seems to be an abundance of glittery and shiney challenges around it would be perfect and I added loads of bling in the form of stickles and glitter gel pens and moonglow embossing powders, please believe me it is true.

I embossed with moonglow obsidian emerald powder then coloured with pine and holly promarkers. Have to admit the embossing dulled where I went over it but tghat was rectified with a little stazon cleaner on a paper towel and a wee rub over the embossing, sparkly once again. The baubles and star I coloured withsakura glaze pens, got to love their shine. Then it was holly sticles to add glitter shadow under the baubles and stardust stickles for the lights.

I added a silver razzle embossed sentiment from LOTV and some ribbon to another gold pearlised card, I know its another clean and simple design but with complex and stunning images I don't think you need much more do you?

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

The corrosive challenge- sketch layout perfect for this card
Oldie but goodie-glitter hope there's enough it is there honest
Pollycraft-glittery christmas
Simon says-sparkle
Creative inspirations -christmas woodland, is one tree enough?
Treehouse thursday-go glitter
Meljen-sparkle and shine
Scrabbooking sisters-christmas tree
Papercutz-christmas with bling

19 comments:

Unknown said...

That tree does sparkle! Very pretty. So....you won it as a blog candy last year... Have you won any candies lately? Hmmmmmmm? I think you have! :) wink wink!
Hugs,
True :D

pennyd said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for playing at PaperCutz Challenge!

Julie said...

It's so frustrating when you can't achieve the effects you're after from your photos,however,I think your card looks fab! I'm a great fan of Sakura pens. Thankyou for joining this week's card challenge at Scrapbook Sisters. Have a good weekend,Julie.x

Janet said...

super card! thanks for playing at the corrosive challenge this week!
hugs

Lisa Jane said...

Fab glittery xmas tree .. really festive
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this week
Lisa ;)

Fleur said...

A great card, very sparkly
Thanks for joining the challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
Hugz Fleur xXx

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh very nice card - I love the texture on the tree - looks alive!! Gorgeous - thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz!
Melissa

Jeri said...

Wonderful card. Love all the sparkle and shine. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz.

Nikbee said...

A fab card. I love the glittery tree.

Nikki x

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a lovely card.
Thanks for joining in the SimonSaysChallenge.

Domi

Julie said...

Your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us for the Treehouse Challenge this week!

NGCARDS said...

This is very cute hun, Thanks for joining us this week with our theme of Winter Wood Land at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Shell said...

Hi , this is lovely, thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog.
Shell xx

Monique said...

What a pretty Tree and love the silver embossing...Thanks for playing along with us at Tree House Stamps!!

karen said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for taking part in our challenge.
Karen

Jane said...

Beautiful and so sparkly! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx

Anita said...

Lovely card. I love all the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at MelJen's Designs this week.

The Team said...

Wonderful card, Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie this fortnight and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Unknown said...

Pretty tree! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Meljen's Designs!