Wednesday 10 November 2010

Reminds me of matchmaker chocolates.

Funny how some things remind you more about christmas than others. You would think that as a child it would be special presents that would stick in my mind and remind me of bygone childhood christmases, but it tends to be silly things like when I see matchmaker chocolates and toffifee think thats what they are called. It must be some thing to do with the fact that as children we never had loads of sweets not that I was bothered as I don't really have a sweet tooth,but these were the sweets along with chocolate oranges and satsumas that we always got in our christmas stocking.

I remember my brother buying mum a huge box of thorntons chocolates withone of his first wage packets, he'd not been working long and as there was just the 3 of us as mum and dad had recently divorced and we weren't that well off as my sister stayed with our father he really wanted to treat his mum for everything she had done for him during the bad divorce. We had at the time a poodle and a german shepherd dog, both were wonderful and the german shepherd was getting on but the poodle kept her happy as when her mum had died she had pined and she needed a new friend. Susie the poodle was so placid, she let me do daft things like dress her up in shorts and scarves and would quite happily sit to have her photo taken. The chocolates were wrapped and for some reason my bro put them under the tree for mum on christmas eve. I'm sure you can guess what happened, the following morning the chocolates were gone box and all. Total mystery. Susie kept laying by the sofa and pawing at one particular spot, we thought she had lost a toy but when we looked we found the chocolates all perfectly unwrapped but not opeded. We never did find the wrapping.

Sorry digression again , my card, I used another rak, really must get this image and this time I've followed another colour challenge of mint, black, gold and cream. The check paper I printed off a freebie disk ages ago, not sure who by or where the disk is either , pity as I quite like it. The gold card is recycles from a card sent to mum, which she thought I'd like. The ribbon from y stash and the sentiment stamp from the stampman. The image is coloured with promarkers and sakura pens once again.The brads are from craftworks candy.I sprayed the cream card for the sentiment with moonglow spritz just to keep with the colour scheme.The gold paper I think is kay and co. Sorry for the disjointed list but it's only as I see what I've used that I remember to tell you.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Colour create- colour challenge
Just Magnolia monthly challenge-anything goes
Totally papercrafts-tag it
Magnolia stamp lovers-layout
ABC challenge-H for holidays
Stampavie and more-tag it
The creative cottage-for some one special at christmas(2 special people)

10 comments:

Anne said...

Cute as a button.
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage and Totally Papercrafts challenges.
Good luck
Anne x

Stressed Stamper said...

Love the embossing - love thorntons...Great card - thanks for joining in at TPC - Good Luck
Sarah x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Love the image and fabulous card! Thanks for joining us this week over at TPC, hugs Heidi x

Tammy said...

Wonderful card. Love this Tilda. Nice of you to join us at TPC. Good Luck. Hugs Tammy x

Alessandra said...

It's so tender card! Lovely, bye!

Shelly said...

Really cute! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Hugs Shelly x

Julie said...

Super card, Julye!! Love this image and your layout is fab! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this time around. Juliexx

lindyloo said...

super card love your lay out too thanks for joining us at the creative cottage huggies lindyloo x

Clare Brown said...

fab holiday card thanks for joining this week at abc challenge.

hugs clare x

LilyPuss Cards said...

Such a sweet card...thank you for joining us at ABC..
Hugs
Jan
..x..