Wednesday 8 June 2011

Boys will be boys ...

...whatever their age.

Good morning one and all and as I write the sky is clear blue and the sun is shining though we are forcast more heavy showers(that we really need) and my poor beautiful peonies are getting totally battered.

Another fortnight passed, where does time go, but that means time for another challenge at Penny's paper-crafty challenges. We had loads of entries for here comes summer, you are all so obviously looking forward to the sunshine we hope to get and Courtney is going to have one hard choice. Appologies to all those I didn't manage to comment on but blogger is still playing silly and on some I just go around in a sign in circle when trying to comment, funny on some there is an added option to sign in with name and URL but not all, no consistency but appologies anyway and just to say comment or not we do visit you all.

Our challenge this time is another goodie that you can all get your teeth into , so to speak we are celebrating 'best friend day'. Have to say I'm not sure if it's an official day world wide or just in the USA . If I look on the W.W.W. I find lots of answers today is best friend day but apparently the UN declared July 30th international day of friendship,  in many parts of india and other countries friendship day falls on the first sunday of august and in some spanish and portuguese speaking countries it is celebrated in april.Talk about confusing, but I guess if you have a special friend its good to celebrate that friendship several times a year so who cares what the official date is.

For my card I used a LOTV image well they are just so cute, my son saw me colouring it and asked if he could have it as a fathers day card for his granddad. I told him it was for best friends day and he said that was fine as the his granddad was his best friend (well one of them, the other is a girl called Becky) and he said the image reminded him of them sharing cookies and sweets, I suppose thinking about it they sometimes do look like these boys especially when they sit there whispering you just know they are up to something.

I coloured my image with promarkers and used a punch on the k and co papers for extra interest and added some candt to the corners, my son approved as he said they looked like extra cookies, though I never thought that myself. The sentiment is also LOTV which I stamped in blue ink. Quite a quick card to make and truth be known not my original DT card either. My internet being down all last week I made all my card and I put it somewhere really safe, so safe that when the internet came back I couldn't find it and had to make another one really quickly, and I still haven't found it yet, no doubt it will eventually turn up but still my son likes this one so at least it will get used.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Ladybug-male theme
creative inspiartions paint-dad/special man
Totally gorjuss-layout
come and get it-dad's day
ECP-for dad
The stampman-boys and men
Simply create-fathers day
Fussy n fancy-for a male
frosted designs fabulous friday-friendship
The crafty pad-stripes
LOTV-punch it up

17 comments:

NGCARDS said...

A great Males card hun! Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Unknown said...

This is just the cutest card Julye, although I don't think it really qualifies for our 'Father's Day' challenge at CFAS. Thanks for entering though!
Lizy DT x

Hannah Clark said...

This is so cute! I love the image and all those stripes! Adorable card!

pinky said...

Perfect little card, the papers remind me of rock candy. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

Maggie's Crafts said...

So pretty!

Thank you for taking part in STRIPES challenge at The Crafty Pad!

So happy you've joined us!

Maggie
xx

Nikbee said...

A fab card. I love the image.

Nikki x

Courtney said...

Super cute Julye!! I love that image!!

Courtney~

Anonymous said...

Very Cute card with the little boys. Thank you for coming to play on Come and Get It Challenge Blog.

Julie Temple said...

So sweet~ they remind me of my brother and his buddy when they were little! Thank you for joining us this week at Come and Get It Challenges!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Awwww it's so nice to see a boy BFF card. great job! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs.

Cindy van Oorschot said...

cute boys, thanks for playing with us at Come and Get It Challenges.
Cindy

Cheryl said...

Really cute! What a great card for a boy (or granddad)



--Cheryl--

Eli said...

Too cute! Perfect colors for a boy card!
Eli (Frosted Designs)
http://scrap-colors.blogspot.com/

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for sharing with Creative this week

Anita said...

Fabulous card. Love your coloring and the striped paper is perfect for a male card. Thanks for playing in the LCI Challenge this week.

Linda said...

What a cute card!!
Thank you for joining us at Simply Create for our Dad's challenge...hope to see you again for our next challenge.

Brenda Brown said...

I just love the image and colours you have used on this card Julye. You're right we should celebrate friendship whenever we can.
Thanks for sharing with us at the Stamp Man and good luck.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox