Sunday 3 January 2016

congrats cousin

My niece's boyfriend recently asked her Dad for her hand in marriage, so we are now all presuming they will soon be engaged but as yet no announcement has been made. 

My Dad seems to think that as he has been married before and that they are living together that when they go away to Las Vegas in a few weeks time that they will come back married , not sure where he got the idea or information or whether its just what he's hoping for so he doesn't have to attend a wedding who knows. I'm not even sure you can just get married in Las Vegas and it be legal here without paperwork and stuff so my guess is they will be getting engaged and that the holiday will be when her boyfriend will pop the question.

It seems everyone in the family has an inkling about the proposal etc except my niece and my son decided he would like to be prepared so asked for me to make him a congratulations card that would be good to cover each event be it engagement or a Las Vegas wedding, so he could leave it with my mum who is more likely to see the couple sooner when the news breaks.

I decided this cute love bird stamp from Lily of the Valley would fit the bill no pun intended, and I kept the colours soft using pastels ,colouring with promarkers. 


I stamped the image directly onto a card base I embossed with a rose frame unfortunately it looks like there may be a gentle breeze blowing the lanterns but I doubt the happy couple will notice.The sentiment simply says congratulations to hedge our bets so can cover both engagement or marriage and is a peel-off.

My son was happy with the card and never mentioned the 'breeze' blowing the lanterns so all is well on that front as he can sometimes be a harsh critic.



On a slightly different note I even convinced my son that me spending money on stamps actually saves money, still not sure how I did that  probably he just agreed to shut me up lol.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges :-

Cute card Thursday-anything goes

crafters cafe-square cards

glitter n sparkle- anything goes

that craft place-anything goes

613 Ave.create-clean and simple

sweet stamps -anything goes

QKR stampede-fur and or feathers




6 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Very, very pretty design! Thanks so much for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

NanaConnie said...

This is darling, Julye! I love that you played along in our "Feathers or Fur" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck and I hope to see you playing again in all our future challenges.
NanaConnie DT

Sheila H said...

Very sweet card - the embossing really pops :). Thanks for joining our challenge at 613 Avenue Create.

chrissy xx said...

GOrgeous! I love your image and your intricate colouring. Such a pretty embossing folder too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at
QKR Stampede.
Chrissyxx

Unknown said...

Very pretty card love it
Thanks for joining glitter sparkle
Lynne x

karalschuknecht said...

Very Pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT