Friday 15 April 2016

Patience or madness?

I recently stumbled across a blog that made me want to play something new. Pop over to Lia Griffith's  blog, you'll be amazed by this clever lady.

I don't have circuit or other electronic cutting machine but wanted to have a  so much I cut out all these small flowers by hand, it was great having some craft to do whilst watching TV with family.


I cut the flowers out of 3 different coloured papers,white,pink and ivory. I have to admit the white ones I did first and that was straight from the pattern that Lia Griffith provides on her website. The pink and ivory I actually shrunk down one of the flowers and made a template which I then drew around lots more than 200 times in total before cutting out all the flowers. I water coloured them with the same pink wash ,and the different base papers made me end with different shades of the same colour but they all co-ordinate perfectly.



It is then simply a case of following Lia's tutorial and getting a little sticky building the flower heads before you add the leaves which I cut form white copy paper and coloured with promarker,



 I know close up you can tell these flowers aren't real but from a distance or glance they are very effective and not only are they colourful but as a hay fever sufferer, they are allergy friendly and as my son's cat thinks all plants and flowers in the house are there for her to munch on cat friendly too.



I would like to enter these flowers into the following challenges:-


artbymiram - anything goes

a bit more time to craft - anything goes

paradise stamps - pastel colours

brown sugar - anything goes

creative fingers -anything goes

the paper shelter - flowers every where

timbroscrapmania - shabby chic or anything goes

polkadoodles - floral frenzy

the crafters cafe - what season are you in
(I'm in Spring but wish it could be summer all year long)




7 comments:

Angie said...

Thank you so much for sharing your project and entering our Challenge at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog.
Angie DT

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Very Sweet project
Thanks for joining us at BSC

hugs
Claudia
DT Brown Sugar Challenge
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

cass said...

Wow! wonderful project. I totally understand Patience or madness lol. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our "Anything Goes" challenge.

cass said...

Hi am back again, so so happy to see you have entered your gorgeous hydrangeas at our challenge. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Seasons" challenge.

cass said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pat K said...

Gorgeous creation. They are so life like and worth all you hard work. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Shelter. hugs, Pat K x

Katrina Bufton said...

These are beautiful, they look so realistic. They're perfect for our Floral Frenzy challenge at Polkadoodles, thanks for joining us this time and good luck,
Katrina x