Tuesday 14 June 2016

Negative trellis leftovers

I love trying to find ways to use all the bits of a die cut especially the larger background dies ,I even have all the bits in a tub just in case I can find a use for them but so far I haven't used that many. This card does use a few though.

I cut and embossed the background die and removed it from the die trying to keep as many of the bits as possible intact.I used some dye based inks on a cotton wool ball to colour some of the trellis die and bits that would be the negatives.

I used the other half of the die cut for another card, and the coloured trellis for a further card so 3 from one die cut.

I added some glue to the backs of the negatives and laid them on the card so they were aligned as though still in the trellis formation, then removed the die cut.

I had used a gerbra die cut as a watercolour mask and kept them once dried, but I decided I only wanted to use one of the flower heads, some of the petal centers I kept in place and removed some of the others. I like how leaving some in place add to the texture and dimension of the flower.

I added an itty bitty bee that I had previously made up coloured with promarkers after cutting from white card and glitter added to the wings.I have a little bag ready made bitty bees so I can add them to my projects when I want without having to make them up from scratch, just like a ready made embellishment.

I'm not sure what I will use this card for but think it would be suitable for male or female as a birthday,get well or just thank you or hello ,so I will add the appropriate sentiment later.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

The pencil case -U for Utilise
( I utilised the negative waste bits from my die to form a background for my daisy and bee)

creative artiste - anything goes

crafty girls - anything goes

HLS - mixed media texture

open minded crafting - seasons/holidays
(I went with summer not that the UK is having one like this at the moment)

creative fingers - anything goes

alphabet challenge - H for hand coloured 

chocolate coffee cards - use a die cut

creative inspirations -spring into summer
(or how I wish it was)


13 comments:

suzanne2 said...

beautiful card and what a great way to use up those negative parts that usually end up in the bin. I'm going to give this a try. thanks for inspiring me.
so pleased you joined us at creative inspirations.
Suzanne (DT)

Jane Savage said...

This is a fabulous design! Great way to 'Utilise' something we normally throw away! Brilliant!
Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case for our ‘Utilise’ challenge! Jane (DT) xxx

Rene said...

Awesome card! I am loving the texture! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

anncreatief said...

Fabulous card and beautiful colours . Thank you for joining us at CC&CC challenge. Hope to see you again. Good luck
Anneke DT

My Scrap Pages and Cards said...

Fantastic card, love it
thanks for joining our challenge over at
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
Debbie DT

Pat said...

Great card , super idea with lovely coluours, thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.

Pat xx

Wheelie Crafty said...

Great idea, love how it has turned out
Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...
Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Creative Artiste Challenge Blog
creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com

laurie said...

wow so creative! I love your design!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous design! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x

Toni said...

What a genius way to use those still gorgeous leftover bits of a diecut. Your card turned out fantastic!

Toni
HLS MM DT

Linda said...

Fabulous card, and what a great way of using up those left over bits. Thanks for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge xx

Sandy said...

Very effective use of your negative die pieces. A delightful creation.
Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge
Hugs, Sandy DT

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Great creation. Loved your explanation/details about this came together.
Thanks for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun for our Holiday/Seasons challenge. Hope to see you soon.
Lynn, OMCF DT