Saturday 10 September 2016

red white and black celebration

My hubby celebrated his birthday a few days ago and my son wanted a card for his Dad and requested one with a music theme and this is what I came up with for him.

I decided to use dies as they give a nice clean finish which seems suitable for many men , no fuss and is true for both my hubby and son and must admit I do like clean lines and am not a fussy person myself.
I love these dies by Dave from poppystamps and memory box they all just work so well together. 
I cut a circle from a white base card and filled with acetate to make the shaker card. I don't like it when all the confetti fill falls to the bottom so after placing my confetti shapes I made a close fitting acetate sandwich to keep them in place by using double sided tape to stick another piece of acetate directly to the first sheet of acetate. I used red and silver large and small balloon confetti and silver music note confetti.
I should have said before I added the acetate I cut the music flourish from the white base card overlapping the circle edges. Once the acetate was in place I inlaid the music flourish with another this time cut from black glossy card. Making the acetate larger than the circle means there is something for the inlay to stick to. 
I cut an insert fro the card cutting a circle from it so as not to obscure the window.


The front of the card was completed by attaching the birthday sentiment in red mirricard.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-


crafting when we can -Happy birthday

Unicorn crafts - happy birthday

Brown sugar -anything goes

Happy little stampers - anything with dies




9 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

Love this image the colors are so happy TFS Unicorn Ch Lis DT

Patti Krauss said...

Beautiful shaker card, Julye. I love your colors. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

Deborah Frings said...

Oh I do like this! The shine of the red mirri card is just fab. Love the musical die cut across the front of the shaker. Thanks so much for playing along with our music theme at The Male Room this week! Deborah DT.

Scrappin Sue said...

Very cool
Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenges x

Andreja said...

What a beautiful music card you made. Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room!
Hugs, Andreja

Jeanne J. said...

Wonderful card! I love the balloons in the shaker, and all the shine. The music just makes me want to start singing "Happy Birthday to you.."

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Brilliant! Cards for men are always tricky but this is perfect. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with a Die.

Emma - Design Team

suzARTe said...

Such a lovely Birthday card, I love the colour combo.It would be fantastic if you shared this creation at Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx

Helen Gullett said...

Such a sweet and beautiful card!
Thank You for playing along with HLS - Anything Goes With Dies Challenge!