Sunday 20 August 2017

You make rainy days...


A just for fun and experimentation card. I was experimenting with spectrum noir aqua pens and watercolour paper, not a paper I use very often but had a play at creating a watery background. One thing led to another and my rock salt was sat on my desk from silk painting and I wondered if watercolour would react the same. 




It didn't work as it does on silk but I have a feeling that might be to do with the watercolour paper being absorbent. but one to try again. I did like the effect it did create though and thought it would make a fab rainy day card,well the back of the paper anyway, as the lines of colour are less defined as are the salt impressions.



I used a memory box die proper umbrella and cut several in some scraps of rainbow card I had using the greens and yellows, I love the subtle shading. I randomly placed them on my water colour and love how the salt marks look like random rainfall.
It took me a while to workout what colour base card to use but after accidentally placing it on a distress oxide ink background whilst swapping through different plain card bases I had found my base and got inky colouring a white base card front. I added water drops for added effect and then my umbrella panel.
I finished my card with a bright yellow stitched circle die cut using open studios circle die and stamped a lily of the valley sentiment as it just seemed perfect.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-


Memory box -go with the flow

country view - blues and greens

fab n funky - anything goes

A bit more time to craft - anything goes

crafty creations - anything goes

A bit more time to craft - anything goes

8 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Fun card and love the dimension with your umbrellas. wonderful rainy background from you salt. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour

Bonnie said...

Your salted background is so pretty and does make me think of rain, Julye! The bright green umbrellas add fun to the background! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Loll said...

Wonderful salted background Julye! It does look like rain falling and so fun with the bright umbrellas. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Susan said...

Great idea to use a salt background to represent rain! Love all of the fun umbrellas tumbling over it! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Craftyfield said...

Great technique with salt! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month.

Corrie Herriman said...

Fab ! Thank you for joining my challenge over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie xx

cohenna said...

Very nice. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Good luck

stampjournal said...

I really love that your water inspired card featured rain. Wonderful! Thank you so much for participating in this month's challenge!